Eye Conditions Treated by Our Optometrist at Eye Care of Virginia
Eye problems take many forms, from irritating temporary issues to severe damage that can cause permanent vision loss. When something is wrong with your eyes, you need to know you have an eye doctor near Culpeper VA who can provide the necessary diagnosis, treatments, and recommendations, here at Eye Care of Virginia, we're happy to provide that eye doctor near Culpeper. Dr. Miles Press has the necessary skills, tools, and experience to address your eye problems to help you with:
- Dry eye - the Dry eye is an irritating, potentially damaging condition that occurs when your eyes aren't sufficiently hydrated, protected and lubricated by tear film. We can run tests, discuss your lifestyle and evaluate your medical condition to determine the cause of your dry eye. Our optometrist can then recommend eye drops, environmental changes, adjustments to current medications and other helpful remedies.
- Computer vision syndrome (CVS) - CVS afflicts individuals who spend hours at a time on the computer, producing dry eye, eyestrain and fatigue, headaches and blurred vision. We can help you adopt healthier computing habits while treating your immediate symptoms. Filtered lenses can reduce strain and exposure to blue light, a possible factor in retinal disease.
- Conjunctivitis - This inflammation of the membrane between the sclera and the eyelid can cause reddish or pinkish eyes on top of eye discharge, itching and swelling. We can determine the cause of your conjunctivitis, apply remedies to soothe your symptoms and recommend preventative strategies.
- Glaucoma - Glaucoma is usually the result of high fluid pressure with the eye, which damages the fibers of the optic nerves and can lead to blindness if untreated. Fortunately, our optometrist can often get this condition under control through topical and oral medications.
- Cataracts - Cataracts obscure vision by forming a cloudy barrier to light's passage through the lens. Most cataracts develop so slowly that our optometrist can use corrective lenses to compensate for the early stages. If you need cataracts removal surgery, we can co-manage your preparations and recovery.
- Macular Degeneration - Macular degeneration is an age-related condition in which the part of your retina that processes central vision is slowly destroyed. We can monitor your macular degeneration closely, recommending dietary and lifestyle practices to minimize its progression. Injectable medications can inhibit abnormal blood vessel growth, a complication of later-stage macular degeneration.
- Diabetic Eye Disease - Diabetic eye disease damages the retina and creates weak, leaky blood vessels within the eye, leading to permanent vision loss. we can alert you to the condition so you can get treatment for underlying diabetes while also recommending treatments to help stabilize the eye damage.
Schedule the Necessary Evaluations and Treatments from Our Eye Doctor in Culpeper, VA
Eye Care of Virginia stands ready to help you deal with eye conditions that threaten your eyesight and comfort. But It's important to remember that an eye condition has been detected and diagnosed before it can be treated and that means scheduling regular comprehensive eye exams from our eye doctor in Culpeper, VA. Do your eyes a favor by contacting our Culpeper or King George office for an appointment!